中文Depression is an extremely complex disease. It occurs for a variety of reasons. Some people experience depression during a serious medical illness. Others may have depression with life changes such as a move, lost of a job, or the death of a loved one. Still others have a family history of depression. People who suffer from depression feel overwhelmed with sadness and loneliness for no known reason.
There are a number of factors that may increase the chance of depression, including the following:
- Abuse. Past physical, sexual, or emotional abuse can cause depression later in life.
- Certain medications. For example, some drugs used to treat high blood pressure, such as beta-blockers or reserpine, can increase the risk of depression.
- Conflict. Depression may result from personal conflicts or disputes with family members or friends.
- Death or a loss. Sadness or grief from the death or loss of a loved one, though natural, can also increase the risk of depression.
- Genetics. A family history of depression may increase the risk. It’s thought that depression is passed genetically from one generation to the next. The exact way this happens, though, is not known. In my case, both of my sisters also suffer from depression.
- Major events. Even good events such as starting a new job, graduating, or getting married can lead to depression. So can moving, losing a job or income, getting divorced, or retiring.
- Other personal problems. Problems such as social isolation due to other mental illnesses or being cast out of a family or social group can lead to depression.
- Serious illnesses. Sometimes depression co-exists with a major illness or is a reaction to the illness.
- Substance abuse. Nearly 30% of people with substance abuse problems also have major or clinical depression.
(Excerpted from WebMD)
- 虐待 过去的在肉体、性行为、或情感上的虐待会造成后来的抑郁症。
- 某些药物 比如一些治高血压的药会增加得抑郁症的机率。
- 纷争 个人情绪上的冲突或与家人或朋友的纷争可能会引起抑郁症。
- 死亡 亲爱的人过世带来的悲哀会增加得抑郁症的机率。
- 基因 家族有抑郁症病史的人患病的可能性要比没有家族病史的人要高。专家们认为抑郁症会由基因从一代传给下一代，但不知道具体是怎么发生的。
- 重大事件 即使是好的事情，如开始一个新工作、毕业、或结婚，也可能会引发抑郁症。坏的事情，如搬家、失去工作、或离婚等，就更不用说了。
- 别的个人问题 比如因别的精神疾病而造成的与社会隔离，或被逐出家族或社交圈，也会引发抑郁症。
- 重病 有时候抑郁症与一个重病共存，或是由它引起的。
- 滥用药物 在滥用药物的人中，将近30%也有严重的抑郁症。